Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Next???

When I had my CVS done, they said that I would receive my results in two weeks.  So naturally, I expected a phone call exactly two weeks later (Thursday, October 28...at around 2 o'clock to be precise).  When I checked my phone yesterday and saw that an unfamiliar number had called, I wasn't expecting to hear our genetic counselor's voice on the message.  She was calling with more good news - the final results were in and everything appears to be normal.  I let myself get excited for about 3.48 seconds, and then I snapped back into reality.  Omphaloceles are associated with so many different anomalies, and the CVS allowed us to only check one of those things off the list.  So, what next???  Well, more waiting for starters.  I am currently 15 weeks pregnant, and the next tests cannot be done until I am at 20 weeks.  At that point, I will head back to the medical center for a fetal echo-cardiogram, a sonogram to perform a full anatomy scan, and a consult with the pediatric surgeons.  This day full of doctors and appointments will be a major one, and I am expected to wait patiently until then.  For those of you that know me well, you know that this will not be easy for me to do...

While I have your undivided attention, I would also like to say thank you for all of the support that Cody and I have been given over these past few weeks.  From our bosses allowing us to leave work a few minutes (or hours) early to the steady flow of notes and goodies that I am always finding left on my desk, I am amazed at the support that I have received from everyone!  We are truly grateful for every card, phone call, or hug that you have given us.  We cannot get through this alone, and we are so glad to have each of you on our side!

PS - Check back soon for 16 week belly pics!!  It is finally starting to look like I am actually pregnant and not just having an affair with Twinkies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! another blessing with more to come. Hang in there for the next few weeks will fly right by.

You're learning earlier than most the true devotion and love you have for another little person (your baby boy) and how hard being a parent can be...at the same time being so very joyful.

Stay strong and rejoice in the small blessings.

Janey