Since we were given Hayes's birth date several weeks ago, Cody and I have woken each other up each morning by announcing to one another - "___ more days until Hayes is born!" I was giddy when that number was in the double digits, excited when it moved down to the single digits...and now, I am just in total disbelief that the dwindling number has simply been replaced a single word: tomorrow.
Today is such a bittersweet day for me. I have truly loved carrying this sweet baby boy inside of my body. I love the double sneezes that instantly started once I became pregnant. I love feeling those little flutters of movement turn into kicks to the bladder and punches to the ribs. I love seeing him through a sonogram like a peep hole into his own little world. I love watching my stomach jump every few seconds when he gets the hiccups. But most of all, I love the comfort that comes with knowing my son is safe inside me and with me everywhere that I go.
Tomorrow is going to be the biggest and most important day of my life. It is the day that I become a mother. Although I am sure that tomorrow will be busy and exciting, I am also anticipating that it will be filled with lots of tears. Tears of joy when Hayes is delivered, and I am finally able to see the miracle that Cody and I created together. Tears of pain when he is taken away by doctors, and I am no longer able to see him, hold him, and kiss him during his first day in this world.
I am so grateful for all of the prayers and positive thoughts that we have received over the past nine months, but now I am asking for even more. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts during our delivery tomorrow morning and throughout the day that my sweet baby boy and I are both healthy and strong. I cannot wait to announce to all of you that Hayes Robert Davis is finally here!!

2 comments:
You all are constantly in my prayers, and even more so as his birthday arrives!! I can't even imagine the emotions you all are going to have tomorrow. But, you are going to be such an incredible Mommy and God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed you with little Hayes! HE will give you all the strength you need and will surround you with those who love you and care for you and baby Hayes! I know the stressed of a NICU baby, but I know that it will not compare to what you all are going to be dealing with. Call me anytime if you need to talk, cry, or whatever!! Can't wait for that sweet announcement tomorrow!!
Again...I'm so glad that I "bumped" into you at HEB. I'm sending you lots of love and support and prayers for Hayes BIRTHday tomorrow! Your maternity pictures are WONDERFUL. You certainly do glow.....
Post a Comment