Bright and early, Hayes woke both of us up for his early morning feeding and a special surprise for me! (No, I am not talking about the usual surprises I find in his diaper...although, he did have one of those for me too!) This surprise was in a little orange box and was given to me by my two favorite boys! As I opened the box and looked in the tiny bag, I discovered a beautiful aquamarine ring. Cody explained to me that aquamarine is Hayes's birthstone, and he chose this ring for me so that a piece of Hayes will be with me everywhere I go. I was amazed by the thoughtfulness of this gift, and I would have been perfectly content just cherishing that moment. However, my boys continued to spoil me for the rest of the day! I got to choose the menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I had lots of time to rest and snuggle on the couch. And we even took a trip to Tutti Frutti for a yummy treat! All of these things helped to create a wonderful Mother's Day, but I have to say that my favorite part was when I had a very special realization - I am being celebrated on this day because I am a mom to the most precious little miracle in the world. He is the light of my life, and I am so blessed to be called "WAAAHHHH..."
Hayes taking my very first Mother's Day gift to have it engraved.
(Daddy wanted to be sure it was the perfect fit before adding this special touch!)
(Daddy wanted to be sure it was the perfect fit before adding this special touch!)
A beautiful aquamarine ring to represent my beautiful baby boy!
Of course, I cannot talk about Mother's Day without mentioning my amazing mother too! Throughout my life, my mom has played such an instrumental role. From driving me around in the back of her mini-van to driving like a maniac to make it back in town for my emergency surgery, I have always counted on her to be by my side. As I am entering into motherhood, I am so blessed to have her to look up to. She is the most amazing mother I know, and I hope to take all that I have learned from her and be just as amazing of a mother to Hayes!!

No comments:
Post a Comment