Sunday, July 31, 2011
Not-So-Solid Foods
As I mentioned in my last post, Hayes's appetite has become voracious lately. He is on a strict every 2 1/2 hour eating regimen, he often finishes eating and still seems hungry, and he has been waking up in the middle of the night to eat just like he did as a wee lad. (Whoa, not sure where that Irish came from!) In response, I have been doing everything that I can to keep up with him - increasing my caloric intake, boosting my supply, and feeding on demand. Although I have been doing a pretty good job keeping up, we decided that maybe this is just a sign that he is ready for the next step: solid foods! So, per the advice of my fellow MOO's, we decided to forego the binding effects of rice cereal and begin with baby oatmeal. Cody and I were so excited about introducing this new food...but Hayes wanted nothing to do with it! We tried over the course of several nights to feed him the runny oatmeal, but we were met with pursed lips and evil stares every time. (After tasting it myself, I really can't blame the kid though!) Instead of giving up on solid foods all together, we decided to try the next food on our list to see if he would have more interest. And, guess what...it worked! Hayes loves avocados! He may still be getting the hang of this not-so-solid food thing, but doesn't he sure look cute working on it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment