Monday, September 12, 2011

Belly Button Song

Right now, it is hard to picture our sweet little guy without his big, bulging omphalocele.  However, as we prepare for his first surgery next month I have been trying to mentally prepare myself for the evolution that is to come.  I know that full muscle closure will not be achieved until after two, three, or maybe even more surgeries, but I often try to envision what his stomach will ultimately look like with all of his internal organs actually inside the abdominal wall.  After looking at several pictures of other amazing O survivors, I know that I can expect a long scar down his stomach...oh, and no belly button.  Yup, you read it right - Hayes is not going to have a belly button.  After discovering this music video last night, it made me feel a little bit better to know that he is not the only one missing his belly button though...

"BellyButton"
by Veggie Tales
(My favorite part is toward the end!!)

No comments: