When I wrote my first post a year ago, I had no clue how much I would fall in love with blogging. I simply adore curling up on the couch with my laptop and listening to the clickety-clack of the keyboard as my fingers attempt to keep up with my thoughts. My love for blogging grows with each post that I publish, and it has almost become like a secret love affair...except my husband knows all about it. (And I should add that he is completely okay with it because it gives him an opportunity to watch sports highlights late at night without me begging him to change the channel.) And as if this love affair was not blossoming enough, Blogger recently made some really cool changes to their interface that not only makes blogging easier...it also provides me with some pretty great tools too. For example, I am now able to see stats like exactly how many pageviews I get each day and where on the globe my audience comes from. (Shout out to my peeps in the UK who read my blog on October 18th!!) Oh, how I love this big, beautiful blog world!
After giving some thought as to how I would like to celebrate this special occasion, I have decided that I am going to give my followers (aka YOU!) a few simple tasks...some audience participation, if you will. Here goes...
- First of all, if you are not already a member of my blog - join! It is free and super easy to do! Just scroll down the right sidebar until you see "Our Fans...". Click on the button that says "Join this site" and use your Google, Twitter, or Yahoo account to log-in. And what do you do if you do not have one of these accounts? Get one!! By becoming a member, you will have access to some of the cool new features Blogger has to offer...plus, it will make following my blog sooo much easier. Trust me on this one!
- Also, leave lots of comments! Did a post make you giggle? Tell me about it! Did a post tug at your heartstrings? I would love to hear how! You love to read all that I have to write (or so I'm assuming), so why wouldn't I love to hear what you have to say too?? Whether we are the best of friends or perfect strangers - comment, please!
- And lastly, tell everyone you know about my blog! One of the main reasons I began blogging was to spread omphalocele awareness and share our story with the world. I have made it my mission to inform everyone that I can, but I can only reach so many people. So, show it to your coworkers during a break, post a link on your facebook account, or heck - you can even tell your cashier about it the next time you go grocery shopping! You never know...hearing our story just might change their lives!
Happy Blogiversary...and thank you for following my journey!

1 comment:
He really is a cutie! Happy blogiversary!!!
Post a Comment