Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Smarty No-Pants

When people typically describe their hopes for their future children, there is one common trait that almost always tops the list: brains.  I even know expectant mothers that have played classical music to their baby bumps in hopes that they will one day be the next Albert Einstein.  Well, not me.  Of course, I wanted my baby to be smart...but nothing excessive.  I always said that I would rather my little ones have a great personality and caring demeanor than be ridiculously smart.  So, what do you think I got?  A smart pants.  (...or should I say smarty no-pants in this situation.)  Yup, my little guy is bright...I'm talking a total brain!  As I was doing a dressing change the other day, I grabbed my new phone and snagged this video clip of him showing off all of his advanced skills - receptive language, complying with requests, gross motor, social interaction, and even vocal imitation.  Most babies his age would just lay on the changing table and let out a toot or something.  Incredible!!  I am just so thankful that he got the amazing personality and adorable good looks to go along with it.

No comments: