While driving in the car on the way to the orthotist this week, I heard Brad Paisley's amazing voice start to come over the speakers. It was a new song that I had not yet heard, so I turned up the volume and really concentrated on the lyrics. And you will not believe what I heard...
"Camouflage (camouflage)
Camouflage (camouflage)
Designed by Mother Nature and by God.
It's camouflage (camouflage)
Camoflaaaaage
You're my favorite color camouflage."
I could not help but smile and giggle as I looked in the rearview mirror to see a sweet little camouflage helmet wearing baby boy smiling back at me. It warmed my heart and was the icing on the cake when it came to me fully accepting this crazy orthotic device. In a way, I almost felt like Brad had written it just for our little family...to let us know that things were going to be okay and that if anyone can make a helmet look cool, it's Hayes. I bet when Brad walked in the studio to record this song, he had no idea that he would be touching lives and changing people's perceptions with these silly, redneck lyrics. But, he did. So, here's to you Brad - thank you for this song!!
And just in case you need a refresher, here is yet another picture of the best looking piece of camouflage there is...
*Side Note - In case you were wondering, Brad and I are on a first name basis after this whole experience. He just doesn't know it yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment