As I am sure you can tell, this holiday season my heart is overwhelmingly full of love and joy. I am beyond blessed with so many things - an amazing little boy, a loving husband, wonderful family, sweet friends, and so much more. However, there is also a piece of my heart that is sad and hurting. In the past few months, there have been quite a few precious O babes who have earned their angel wings. They fought so hard while here on earth, but ultimately they were called home to be with our Father where they could be free of pain, and tubes, and tears. Although I know they are watching over their mommies and daddies from heaven, I am sure that their parent's hearts still ache. I cannot even imagine that level of anguish and grief. So, I am asking you to lift up these sweet angels and their families in prayer and healing thoughts...for peace, understanding, and comfort...today and all through the season.
It is so easy to get caught up in all of the excess that this season brings - overeating, having one too many drinks, spending more than necessary, and just overall greed. Unfortunately, I know that I sometimes do. However, hearing the stories of these strong and fearless little fighters has humbled me immensely and opened my eyes to the true reason for the season. It is about a beautiful birth, a fight for all that is good and right, and making the ultimate sacrifice. I am grateful to these little angels for reminding me of this, and I hope their parents know that even though they may be gone - they are still leaving a wonderful impact on this world!
Monday, December 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I recently found myself making an Anglican Rosary, partly to pray for these families. My heart is heavy with sorrow for them, and I hope they can find peace.
Post a Comment