Wednesday, January 25, 2012

10 Months Old

I think this is the first month of Hayes's life that I can honestly say was NOT my favorite.  Between the stomach virus, teething, and extended hospital stay...we had a pretty crummy thirty-one days.  But, I suppose you cannot fully enjoy the sunshine until you have walked through the storm, and this definitely rings true for parenthood too.  Reflecting back on all that we have been through this month, I have to say that it has only made us fall even deeper in love with our little guy.  (...which, by the way, I did not even think was humanly possible!)  His fighting spirit and zest for life are contagious, and every day with him in it makes our hearts full.  What a blessing he is to us and everyone he meets!  I could go on and on about how much I love our sweet boy, but I guess I will move on to his oh-so-important milestone for the month instead...
  • This month Hayes had all of his organs inserted into his abdominal cavity, obtained full muscle closure with the help of a biological mesh patch, got a bilateral hernia repair, and a circumcision.  Now, how many other little babes do you know that can say they did all that??
Hayes Robert Davis
10 Months
Weight - 15 pounds 5 ounces (below 0%)
Height - 28 inches (20%)
Head Circumference - 17 inches (2%)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks incredible!! God is so awesome. Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to the updates on Hayes' progress.

LMC said...

That sweet, sweet smile just melts my heart! I just realized that Hayes has a onesie to celebrate each monthly milestone....you are just so creative and clever. I'm guessing that next month is going to be awesome.

BensMom said...

Hello, I too have an O baby. His name is Benjamin, he is 6 months old and he is our sweet little miracle. Thank you for sharing your progress. It is very encouraging and helpful for moms who have babies going through similar challenges. I Just found your blog today and will be visiting often.
Thank you and keep up the good work!
Beth

gmderose said...

Hi Mama Davis! I read a news article today about a baby who had a revolutionary surgery to put the organs that had developed outside his body back into him. Your blog was linked in your article. I read your entire blog tonight. Your story is absolutely heart warming and makes me believe that when I have children, no matter what life may throw at me and my baby, we'll get through it. You have so much strength, and I know that Hayes helped you through this whole ordeal. He is absolutely beautiful -- those EYES! I want to thank you for sharing your story. I imagine that it had to be difficult to start this blog but that it helped you as much as Hayes did. He is a miracle, and he looks absolutely unbelievable with his new body. Congratulations! :)