Having a snack with Mommy...who once again has no make-up on.
(Why do I keep posting these awful pictures of myself??)
That handsome smile sure does make up for those scratched up eyes!
Enjoying this lazy Sunday...just hanging out and reading books!
9:00 am - It has been thirty-six hours since I have posted anything about lungs or oxygen. (That must be some kind of record for me since Hayes was admitted to the hospital!) And although I have not said much about it, we have been continuing with the breathing treatments - CPT every three hours, along with a nebulizer every six. And you know what...it has been working! His chest x-ray this morning showed that the build-up in his lungs is starting to break down, and everyone assures me that this is a sign of great progress. Now, he can begin coughing it up and getting suctioned when necessary. (Oh, and Hayes wants me to let all of you know that he does NOT like getting suctioned!) Since we are making progress and his stats have been looking so good, the doctors have begun trying to wean him off of the high-flow nasal cannula. I am finding that this is a very slow process for our little guy though. It just seems to take his body awhile to adjust to the changes. Some times his setting are lowered and he does great...other times, we have to bump it back up and try again later. Baby steps. Patience.

2 comments:
I have been following your blog since I read about Hayes on a news website. He reminds me a bit of my own one year old son, so it wasn't hard to fall in love with him. I am so glad to see those beautiful pictures of him smiling again. As a mom I could really understand how you felt when he looked so confused and scared. Keep enjoying that wonderfull boy and I hope he really recovers well and you will be able to bring him home soon.
Sweet pics! I check daily to see how Hayes is doing, and he looks amazing! :-) I KNOW you can't wait to get home!
Post a Comment