Friday, January 27, 2012

Sitz Baths...They're Serious Business!

When the doctor told us that Hayes needs to take a sitz bath three times a day, I was kind of dreading it.  And when I say kind of, I mean totally and completely.  We already have so many obligations and our days are already so short...I had no idea how we were going to squeeze in even one more thing!  Then, it hit me - I could combine it with our play time.  (Yes, play time is an obligation.  As an early childhood guru, I know that play is a child's work...and we take that very seriously around this house!)  So, I threw down the splat mat and a towel in the middle of the living room...dumped his toys out of the basket...filled it up with warm water and bath toys...and got down to business.  When I first put Hayes in it this morning, he really got a kick out of the whole production.  He kept looking at me as if to ask, "Mom...am I seriously taking a bath in the middle of the living room?!"  But by the last one tonight, he was hamming it up and acting like sitz baths were his job...which I guess they kind of are right now.  Check out my silly boy at work...

2 comments:

The Ragusa's said...

So cute...I love the way he pulls the side of the bucket in to look over the edge! ADORABLE!! And you're such a creative mommy (of course). Hayes has the best mommy and daddy God could give him!!

Michelle Storey said...

<3 SUCH a sweet boy!