Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two Weeks Post-Op

So, we have established that children are amazingly resilient...and I am quickly learning that their skin is too!  It has only been two short weeks since Hayes had his surgery, and I am simply in awe of how wonderful he already looks.  The scratches from under his big, blue eyes are completely gone...the three little spots from his drain tubes are fading fast...his plastibell finally fell off...you can hardly see where his PICC line was stitched in...and even the big infiltration burn on his foot is healing with each passing day.  Every morning, I look forward to looking him over and seeing these marks and sores fade away.  However, the area that I am most impressed by is his incision.  I still look at it about a billion times a day because I cannot believe that his omphalocele is really gone and that he is left with this beautifully flat little belly instead...

Isn't the progress amazing? 

And isn't HE amazing??

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Absolutely! :)

beanhead2010 said...

Yes he is...what a blessing!

Brooke said...

Just wait until that tape falls off (which, by the way, stays on FOREVER)! And then just wait until 6 months later! You aren't gonna believe your eyes. That is one FAB looking belly if I do say so myself :)

Tracie said...

Oh that last picture is just too precious for words. Love those eyes and that smile. Keep up the good work!