It really is unbelievable to think that Hayes has been in our life for 365 days. Wait, Cody just corrected me - it has actually been 366 days because it was a leap year. Okay, and it has been 608 days if you include gestation. Whatever...let's get back to the point... Sometimes it feels like just yesterday that I was laying in triage anxiously awaiting his arrival...and other times it feels like he has been a part of our life forever. He is the absolute most amazing thing to ever happen to us, and we thank God daily that he was brought into our lives. I know it is easy to get caught up in all of the hoopla that comes with a first birthday, but I feel like this party is so much more than smash cakes and streamers when it comes to Hayes. It is a celebration of life. An extravaganza for all that he has already experienced and overcome. This past year has been the biggest rollercoaster that I have ever ridden on, but looking back - we really do have so much to celebrate. We are blessed. We are thankful. We are in love. Happy first birthday, Hayes!
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment