Friday, March 23, 2012

Lock Up Your Daughters!

This morning did not begin well.  Cody and I awoke to moans and cries from the monitor shortly before our alarm was supposed to go off, and we instantly knew what was going on - our little boy was sick.  Again.  This is the third time that he has gotten sick since starting school less than a month ago, and it breaks my heart that he feels so lousy almost once a week as his body builds immunity.  After getting him from his room and confirming that he in fact had a fever and some major congestion, I reluctantly called in a substitute.  Feelings of guilt started running through my soul.  Guilt that my sweet boy was so sick...and guilt that my school babies would have to have yet another replacement for me too.

After medicating Hayes with some ibuprofen and lots of snuggles on the couch, we were both feeling a little bit better and decided it was time to get up and start the day.  I set Hayes on the carpet just outside of our bathroom and began to tame my unruly bed head.  As usual, I kept peeking over at Hayes to keep an eye on what he was up to, and you will never believe what that little stinker started doing...CRAWLING!  It looked a little awkward as he tried to figure this new movement out, but who cares...he was CRAWLING!  I quickly grabbed my trusty iPhone that pretty much follows me everywhere, and I frantically tried to pull up the camera app.  By the time I finally got things rolling, he had made it to the tile and was inching towards me.  I have secretly always had this dream that Hayes would be crawling by his first birthday, and here he is...crawling with two days to spare!  Amazing!  So folks, lock up your daughters...because we have a CRAWLER on the move!

No comments: