I know my last post rambled off about a gazillion things that my little family is thankful for this holiday season, but I failed to mention a really important thing that we are so very thankful for - time. Time spent with the ones we love. Time making special memories that will last forever. Time just spent here on this earth. And over the Thanksgiving break, we were blessed to spend some really incredible time at my mom and dad's house with my side of the family.
Of course, we kicked off the long weekend with a delicious Thanksgiving spread. My mom really went all out this year, and I think her absolute biggest fan was Hayes. He LOVED just about everything that was served - fried turkey, sweet potato casserole, corn, rolls...you name it. This boy really got the hang of the holiday gluttony because he ate more than I have ever seen him eat in his entire little life! Here he is taking the first few bites out of his first serving...
The only thing that I think Hayes enjoyed more than the yummy food was all of the sweet cousin time that he got. He ran around trying to keep up with his older two boy cuzzies and then snuggled and smooched on his adorable little girl cuzzy. It was priceless...
Okay, or maybe the fun family time we had at the South Texas Maize. Hayes was so excited that he could participate in every, single event that the quaint little farm had to offer...and Cody and I had to stay on our toes just to keep up with him! He went down the giant tube slide, bounced on the jumping pillows, got lost in the maze, rode the cow train, fed the goats, went on a hayride, and posed for lots of cute photo ops. We all had a ball, and Hayes was passed out in his car seat before we could even pull out of the parking lot...
The only casualty of the whole trip was a big, fat black eye from when my sweet little guy's face met his cousin's infant carrier. But hey...all of that fun has to come with some kind of a cost, right?
Monday, November 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment