First up - setting up the Christmas tree...
...and then trimming it with lots of red garland!
Now, onto the ornaments!
Hayes loved looking at the one from his very first Christmas so long ago...
and he even snuck in a few smooches too!
Doing the honors and putting the star right on top to finish things off!
Helping Daddy hang the lights outside...probably his favorite job of all!
After dinner, he got to create his first ornament...
...and did such a beautiful job painting the whole star!
Then, it was time to do some decorating in his room too.
Hayes's first Christmas tree - perfect!
With all of this Christmas spirit in the air, our Elf on the Shelf decided it was time to make his arrival again too. Hayes was so excited to find a visitor early this morning sitting by his advent calendar, and he was beside himself when he discovered that his sweet little elf even left him a marshmallow surprise behind the first door...
I have to say that Christmas has always been one of my most favorite times of the year, but seeing the joy through your child's eyes brings on a whole new level of happiness and warmth. I cannot wait to see all of the wonder and excitement that this month will hold, and I know that I will treasure these special memories with my favorite little guy forever and ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment