Saturday, February 16, 2013

Still Pregnant!

Looking back at my last several posts, I realized that I haven't really mentioned much about Hadley or the fact that I am becoming enormously pregnant with each passing day.  Sure, I have talked about the transitions we are making...and I have mentioned the words 'baby sister' and stuff...but I haven't actually typed up any real pregnancy stuff.  And this upsets me because I have really tried hard to make sure that my poor sweet girl does not suffer from the whole second child syndrome thing.  You know - where the first kiddo has all the fame and glory and the second only gets fifteen minutes of fame...if that.  But I am finding that it is just so hard when you already have one little bit who takes up so much of your time and focus!

Just the other night, I had a slight panic attack.  I had not even thought about Hadley's baby book...and here I am, knocking at the door to my third trimester.  At this point, I had already filled out half of Hayes's baby book and plastered it with ultrasound pictures and memories from the pregnancy!  So, I frantically got on the internet and began scouring all of my usual online shopping sites for the exact same baby book that Hayes has - only in pink.  Whew...I found it, ordered it, and it arrived just two days later.  Redemption!  Well, on that one at least.

My next freak out happened just this morning.  (Hence the reason I am up waaay before the sun on a weekend writing a blog post!)  I realized that I have not documented anything pregnancy related on the blog lately.  Nothing.  Not even a 24 week belly picture because it failed to get taken and there is absolutely no hope for it now that I am days away from being 28 weeks.  Ugh.  Big time mommy fail!  Sooo instead, I thought I would just jot down a couple of random pregnancy things to help fill the void and make me feel a little better until I can officially blog my next every-four-week-update after my appointment Tuesday...

  • My belly is definitely growing, but I swear it changes size with each day.  Some days I get the comments like, "Are you sure there is only one baby in there??"  And then the next day someone will say, "You look so small for being that far along!!"  Weird.
  • Hadley is definitely a mover.  She is constantly wiggling all around and distorting my stomach into all different strange shapes with bumps and lumps poking out.  And you know - I forgot just how much I love those sweet kicks and all of that movement.  Each one reassures me that she is doing okay and happy in her temporary home.
  • Speaking of movement, Hadley's most active times are definitely right after I eat.  And with this pregnancy, I am eating A LOT.  With Hayes, I did not really have super strong cravings or the desire to eat everything I saw.  But I sure do with this little chunky monkey!  Unfortunately, my weight is showing it, and I have gained waaaaay more with this pregnancy already too.  Ugggh...hopefully, it just means a big, healthy girl!
  • Not sure if it has to do with my weight gain or not, but I have been having really intense back pain this time around.  Like take your breath away, in tears, out of control back pain.  I talk to my doctor about it at each appointment, and we have tried several different things from support belts to heating pads.  But nothing seems to be the magic cure.  At the end of my crazy active days, my back just feels like it is breaking into a million pieces.  But I guess if this is the biggest hurdle I have to face with this pregnancy, I will take it!
  • Overall, it is so bittersweet to just have a "normal" pregnancy.  I love the fact that everything is so carefree and easy, but I hate how out of touch it makes me.  With Hayes, I was never able to take my mind off of the pregnancy.  I had at least one appointment a week, usually more like two or three.  I had ultrasounds constantly.  I was so in tune with every, single, little thing.  With Hadley, I am just kind of carrying on with life...well, life with a ginormous and moving belly.  I have to make myself take time to lay down and enjoy the movements or document little details.  But the final reward of a healthy baby who gets to come home from the hospital with me makes my heart so incredibly full!

No comments: