During my last pregnancy update, there really was not that much to report...but I guess I am making up for it this go round! In fact, there is so much information to report that I am going to have to resort to my handy-dandy bullets in order to keep it all organized. Stick with me...
- First of all, I have officially been taken off of work and put on a modified type bed rest by my doctor since my last update. There were a lot of different factors that went into making this decision, but basically we are just wanting to keep both me and sweet little Hadley as comfortable and secure as possible until it is time to deliver. Since I had a previous classical cesarean section, I am at a dramatically increased risk of uterine rupture if I go into any type of labor on my own. Put that risk on top of my super physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding job...and it was just making for a bad combination. I was suffering from really severe pains and starting to have more and more yucky symptoms come on. Simply put - it was time to start taking it much easier and focusing on growing a healthy and strong baby girl while keeping myself as comfortable and stable as possible. So far, mission accomplished since I have been home! (...and I bet you are now realizing why so many of my posts recently include me 'putting my feet up' or are simply pictures of Hayes and Cody getting in on all of the action while I stick to the sidelines. Yup, now you know!)
- Now, on to Hadley! This BIG girl is growing, growing, growing!! At my 30 week ultrasound, she was estimated to weigh about 3 pounds 6 ounces. But then at my 32 week ultrasound, she was already up to just shy of 5 pounds! That is over a pound and a half in only two weeks!! At this rate, she is definitely going to be a big and healthy baby girl when it comes time to deliver. Praise God!
- Speaking of delivery, we officially have a birthdate set for our little sweet pea. If all goes according to plan, she will make her big arrival on April 25th! My doctor and I chose this date because I will be exactly 37 weeks 1 day - which makes Hadley full term and (prayerfully) ready to enter into the world...but it also makes it early enough on me that I will hopefully not yet be experiencing any signs of labor. Of course, I am under close watch by an amazing doctor between now and then, so both of us will continue to be monitored closely!
Outside pic...
...and inside pic!



No comments:
Post a Comment