For awhile now, I have been feeling kind of down and even questioning my faith at times. I have just felt as if none of my prayers were being answered. Sometimes I wondered if God was listening to me. Or even worse, if He even cared. And then I had kind of an epiphany yesterday that spoke to me loud and clear and answered any questions or doubt that I may have in my mind - Cody, Hayes, and I were outside enjoying the beautiful weather together. Cody was working in the yard. Hayes was playing with his bubbles. And I was sitting back taking it all in. (Can you tell this is a pretty common theme in our life?) When all of a sudden it hit me. My daily prayer is continuously being answered. Our little family is incredibly healthy and oh-so-happy...especially my sweet, sweet boy. He may have had a rocky start to life, but you would never know it now. He is as healthy and strong as any other toddler I know, and to top it all off - I can honestly say that I have never seen a more happy little boy. This kid is full of smiles and laughs ALL. THE. TIME. Even complete strangers comment on how full of joy he is. How amazing is that? A little boy who has been through so much and who had people question whether or not he would even survive is not only alive...he is ridiculously healthy and so very happy too. Sounds like I am pretty blessed to me!
Oh, and just in case you had any doubt, here are a few candids from my iPhone over the past few months that prove just how super-duper healthy and happy Hayes is too...
LOVING some gnocchi and garlic bread...and drinking out of a big boy cup with no lid too!
Dinner date with his one of his favorite gals, Maddie!
Just working on his truck.
Monkeying around at Monkey Joe's!
Helping Dada with some gardening.
Hanging out with Bexar, a neighbor and buddy too.
Tearing up the dance floor with one of my precious students at Catfish Night!
And last, but not least, an action shot of him playing at the carnival at Mommy's school!
*Side Note - Uploading all of these fun pictures made me have another epiphany! The reason I have been such a stinky blogger lately is because I am so busy being healthy and happy and loving life with my little guy too!! Not such a bad problem to have, if I do say so myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment