Monday, April 29, 2013

Hadley's Birth Story

For weeks leading up to Hadley's arrival, I found myself constantly praying.  Praying for Hadley to be big and strong, praying for a safe delivery, and mostly just praying for a routine and mundane birth story.  And you know what?  My prayers were more than answered!  Cody and I arrived at the hospital at 5 o'clock on the dot Thursday morning, and everything went perfectly from then on.  I was prepped for surgery, received my spinal block, and just a few minutes later - our world was completely changed!

Hadley came in to the world kicking and screaming (literally!), and Cody and I fell madly in love as soon as we saw her precious face.  She is the sweetest and most perfect baby girl ever - nursing like a champ, peeing and pooing just as she should, and even sleeping for long periods at a time.  Even Hayes has become wrapped around her itty bitty finger.  He loves holding her in his lap, talking about every little thing that she does, and even giving her the occasional smooch.  I think it is safe to say that our family is over the moon for this sweet little pea, and we feel so whole and so complete.  Right now I am just taking in every moment of every day, but I cannot wait to see what our life as a family of four has to hold!

Okay, now for the part that I know you all really want to see - the photo bomb!

Arriving at the hospital...

...it's almost time!

Happy Birthday, Hadley!! 

Big screams = healthy lungs...and a happy mommy and daddy too!

 So proud of how big and strong our sweet girl is!

 Bath time!!
 
 Home Sweet Home - our post-partum room!
 
 Our precious Hadley.
 
Mommy and Daughter

A few hours old and already dressed in head to toe pink!
 
Sugars from her big brother...

...and snuggles with him too!
 
One day old and getting flying colors on her hearing test!

 Hadley got her big brother a little something special when he came to visit again...
 
...his very own Mickey Mouse - and he was in love! 

 Two days old and headed home.

Good-bye!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Welcome beautiful girl! Hope you're letting your momma get some sleep :)