- Eating - As most of you probably suspected, Hadley is loving her some solids added to her diet. So far we have tried all of the usual first foods, and she has had pretty good reactions to most. Brown rice cereal? Eh... Avocados? Same. Squash? Loved! Sweet potatoes? Loved even more!! Pears? Yes, please!!! Apples? Oooh, yeah! Now, we are starting to mix them together...and I think she is in love!
- Sleeping - No updates here. Status quo seems to be good.
- Thinking - Hadley continues to be such a little explorer, and right now she is all about checking out different textures. She will reach for every object that she can and then rub her hands on it or shove it in her mouth. And she definitely shows a preference for some toys and objects more than others. Her facial expressions say it all!
- Talking - Such a chatter box! She will quite literally talk to a brick wall and is already using lots of inflection and different sounds in her coos. The latest being razzing...which of course, Hayes thinks is hilarious! "Mommy, Hadley pooted!!!"
- Moving - These days you can find Hadley pretty much all over the place - rolling and wiggling her way across the floor, jumping like a maniac in her jumper, and even sitting up unassisted. She is just like me - busy, busy, busy...and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Hadley Lea Davis
5 Months
Weight - ?
Height - ??
Head Circumference - ???
(No doctor's appointments this month - yippee!)
(No doctor's appointments this month - yippee!)
**BIG
BROTHER UPDATE** - These two are going to be all kinds of trouble. I can already tell. (Just look at the picture above and how she can't take her eyes off of him!!) Just the other day, I asked Hayes to go tell his sister good morning as she woke up and I finished a few emails. Next thing I know, I hear some suspicious noises coming from the monitor. I turn on the video feed to find that Hayes had climbed into Hadley's crib with her and was jumping up and down as she laughed hysterically. Thankfully, I was able to rush in there before he landed on her head. But it just reassured me that these monitors will be staying up for a long, long time...and a few additional ones might need to be installed in other rooms as well!

No comments:
Post a Comment