Monday, October 18, 2010

Drumroll, please...

I know the last blog I wrote had A LOT of information in it, but I now realize that I left out some very important stuff!!  First of all, for those of you without your M.D. - a chorionic villus sampling is a prenatal test that detects chromosomal abnormalities.  It uses tissue from the placenta to create a karyotype that is an exact match as our little man's.  This is very important to us because babies with omphaloceles commonly have other abnormalities as well.  Final results take up to two weeks to come in, but my MFM (maternal fetal medicine) specialist requested that we get FISH (I have no clue what that acronym is!) results in as soon as possible.  So, over the past four days I have been anxiously awaiting the phone call that could determine our fate forever.

Today during my planning, my cell phone began to ring.  I looked down, and it was not a phone number that I recognized.  I knew it was our genetic counselor calling with results, so I took a deep breath and answered the call.  I could instantly tell by the sound in her voice that it was good news.  She said that the FISH results all came back normal, and she felt confident from all that we have done that the final results would be the same.   Although I am able to breathe a little bit easier now, I am still taking each day at a time.  This whole pregnancy has taught me just how easily your whole world can change, and I am grateful for every day that my tummy grows a little bit rounder.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

happy to hear the good news

Penny said...

I a proud of you for being strong! I wanna see a baby bump pic! Love ya! -Pen

Unknown said...

We are relieved! You are already such great parents!
Love,
Aunt Becky and Uncle Dana

Unknown said...

Dear Sweet Kelly,

Thank you so very much for sharing your journey with us. It touches my heart to be able to share in the process, learning along the way. I will celebrate along with you in every little blessing that will come.

Please know that you and your family are and will continue to be in my prayers.

"Love... always protects, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Corinthians 13

Stay strong and know that you are truly blessed.

Love,
Janey