This weekend we celebrated our one year anniversary by getting ready for our sweet baby boy!! (Love you, honey!) Cody grabbed a gun and headed to the shooting range to practice protecting his growing family...while I grabbed a gun and filled up our baby registries with all kinds of fun stuff! Whitnie, my sister-in-law, was a wealth of knowledge and helped me figure out what to ask for a dozen of and what to pass on. As much fun as I had picking out goodies for my little man, I was whisked off my "normal pregnancy" high and quickly brought back to reality though. Most registering decisions are easy for normal mamas - "Do I want this onesie in blue or green? One of each, please!" But each decision that I faced caused my mind to race and question everything - "Do I want a onesie? No, because I don't know how long it will be before he can actually wear clothes. Also, who knows how big he will be for each season. If he is a preemie, then he might only be in size 3-6 month clothes when the weather starts to get cold again, etc, etc, etc..." Needless to say, our registering adventures lasted a full day in the stores followed by a long night making changes and updates online. Now, I can officially say that our registry lists have been perfectly created to fit the exact needs of our little boy during his first year on God's great earth! Of course, all we ask is that you send prayers and positive thoughts to our special boy...but if you are ever wanting to get him a little something extra - we ask that you choose something off of our registry instead of that cute outfit or snuggly newborn toy. With so many unknowns laying ahead of us, we want to make sure that each of his gifts are things that he will be able to use and grow with on this amazing journey of life!
If you want to take a peek at the final products, here they are:
*Side Note - Evidently, there are lots of Kelly Davises that are currently expecting! If ever you are looking our registry up online or in store, be sure to check all of the information to make sure you have the right one!!

No comments:
Post a Comment