While out browsing the cloth diaper section at a local children's boutique last Friday, I could not help but overhear the store owner's phone conversation. Evidently, the person on the other line was inquiring about an opportunity to have maternity pictures taken for an up-and-coming photographer who needed to add to her portfolio. The store owner explained that yes, the photographer was still looking for an expecting mother to take pictures of...but no, she needed someone who was at least 36 weeks pregnant. As I oh-so-rudely eavesdropped, the wheels in my brain began turning. Maternity pictures were something that I had given up in order to pay for medical bills and other necessary expenses, but I desperately wanted to have them taken like all of the other normal first time mamas. And just that day, my weekly e-mails reminded me that I was now 36 weeks pregnant! After the store owner hung up her phone, I politely asked for more information about this opportunity. We had a brief conversation about my pregnancy status, she took down my information, and I quickly received a phone call from the photographer. Because time is currently of the essence, we scheduled my photo shoot for that weekend out in Galveston. Jackie did a fabulous job capturing me in all my pregnant glory and even managed to get Cody to jump in for a few mommy/daddy pictures too! We had so much fun traveling all around the island to get the perfect shots, and I am thrilled with the final results. Here is a link (and a just few of my favorites), so you can check them out too...
Link - Jackie Curtis Photography - Baby Hayes Pictures
What an amazing way to commemorate my baby bump during the final week of my pregnancy!
Thank you, Jackie!!

5 comments:
These pictures turned out amazing! I am so glad that you and Cody were able to find someone who could do this for you. Congratulations and I am so happy for you!
yay! My favorite spot to take pictures! I LOVE that green metal wall in Galveston. Takes great pictures!
You look beautiful! Miss you!
Those are awesome!!! I'm so glad that you got the opportunity to take them (something I wanted to do, but didn't get to due to my little man's early arrival)! Can't wait to see pics of Hayes!! Praying for a safe delivery! Call if you need anything!
AWWW! They are perfect! Cant wait to hear all about HAYES! The kids are doing a countdown!
Post a Comment