Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Day for Fathers

After having such an amazing Mother's Day, I knew that I had to make Cody's first Father's Day just as special.  However, this was not an easy task!  The previous weekend, he decided to take a concealed handgun license class in lieu of getting a tangible gift.  (Watch out, bad guys!)  Then...he told me that he wanted to have a relaxing Sunday with no plans.  This left me with very little to work with, but I decided to just go with it and have a day that was all about Daddy!

Bright and early, we once again awoke to the grunts and groans that only Hayes can make.  Cody decided to have some one-on-one time with his little guy to start off the day, and they laughed and played together from the living room while I put the finishing touches on his goody basket.  Once everything was complete, Hayes and I were excited to present Daddy with his favorite munchies as a thank you for being such a great dad!  After trying out a few of the treats, Cody took Hayes to get dressed for the day in one of his favorite picks - a white onesie, over-alls, and a John Deere hat!  The rest of the early afternoon was spent hanging out around the house enjoying our time as a family of three.  Then, we were off to Grandpa DT's house to continue the Father's Day celebration!  We grilled hamburgers, visited with one another, and had a manly photo shoot outside on the tractor.  Overall, it was a very Daddy day...just the way he likes it!

Hayes presenting Daddy with his very first Father's Day card.

A few of Daddy's favorite things.
(PS - The package is peanut butter pretzels...NOT a bottle of whiskey!)

Three generations.

Our day was all about Daddy...overalls, tractors, and all!!

On this special day, I have to take time to mention how grateful I am for my amazing dad too!  Since the day I was born, I have always been quite the Daddy's Girl.  From playing on the floor of my bedroom as a child to rocking out with me in the front row at a Bruce Springsteen concert, my dad has always been the light of my life.  He lifts me up with his positive and caring attitude...but keeps me grounded all at the same time.  He has shown me what it is like to deeply love and appreciate your children, and I hope to carry this over to my relationship with Hayes.  Even though I am now a mother myself, I will always be his pea pie!

No comments: