Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Little Sucker

Shortly after coming home from the NICU, Hayes made the executive decision that he no longer liked pacifiers.  We tried buying different kinds and offering them in different ways, but he would adamently refuse each attempt by spitting the pacifier right back out at us.  Over the past few weeks, he has finally discovered an alternative way to self-soothe...and it is conveniently located on his very own hand.  You guessed it - his own two fingers!  Here are just a few of the times we have caught the little sucker...






*Side Note - I know, I know...sucking on your fingers is a very bad (and very unsanitary) habit.  However, Hayes deserves a little self-soothing more than almost any other baby I know.  So for now, we are going to let him suck away...just watch out for my food-safe wipies and don't even think about touching his hands unless you have recently washed your own!  We will work on breaking the habit when he gets older!!

No comments: