After spending nearly all summer obsessing and worrying over what I would do once the school year began, I finally decided to set up an appointment with my human resources representative to explore my options. Going in to the appointment, I fully expected her to say that her hands were tied since I had already used all of my FMLA time last year for the delivery. So, you can imagine the astonishment I felt when she told me that I was eligible for six more months of additional leave. Amazing!! I literally walked out of the appointment feeling like an enormous weight had been lifted off of my shoulders, and I once again said a prayer of thanks for the wonderful school district that I work for. Not only do they provide a tremendous service for their students, they also know how to take care of their teachers as well. Gotta love Lamar CISD!
This might sound like the perfect ending to wrap things up with...but it gets even better! After meeting with my principal and assistant principal to come up with a plan of action for my classroom, they told me that my fellow staff members would like to do a little something special to help our family and also keep me up-to-date about what was going on at school. They decided that every Monday evening someone from the staff will stop by for a visit and bring over dinner. So far, we have had three Mondays of delicious meals (with enough leftovers to provide lunch and dinner into the week as well)! I have to say that there is one major downfall to this plan though - Cody is starting to get used to having a delicious meal waiting for him after work...and he is beginning to question the quality of my cooking too! Oh well. A small price to pay for getting to work with such an amazing group of people!!
Hayes is proud to be a future Hubenak Husky!

No comments:
Post a Comment