Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to...ME!

"Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear meeeee, happy birthday to me!"  Okay, you should all be really happy right now.  No, not because it is my birthday...because you could not hear my awful and narcissistic singing!!  I can't help it though - today has been fantastic, and I just want to sing!

My sweet little alarm clock (aka Hayes) was ready to celebrate bright and early this morning, and his sing-song coos coming from the monitor forced me out of bed entirely too early.  A big smile from the baby and lots of presents from the hubsters made getting out of bed all worth while though!  Appealing to my knew obsession for cake decorating, Cody gave me everything I could need to make the most beautiful cakes on the block - a cake dome, turntable, and 101 pieces of cake decorating magic.  (Thank you, honey...and stay tuned blog followers for pictures of my creations to come!)  After Cody was off to work, it was business as usual for me and the little one.  We had a yummy breakfast, played with toys, had a visit from the occupational therapist, and went on a Chick-Fil-A and Target run.  Perfect!  Later in the day, my parents arrived at our house from out of town, and the birthday celebration continued.  More presents were given, more delicious food was consumed, and more importantly - I was with the ones I love.  What a glorious birthday it's been!

All throughout the day, my social networking was abuzz with messages from friends and family all around too.  I am truly blessed to be surrounded with so many kind and loving people, and I am so grateful to all those who took time out of their day to wish me well on mine.  Being 28 has been absolutely amazing, and I cannot imagine how 29 could possibly top it.  But...I'm up for the challenge!

No comments: