Monday, October 10, 2011

Do the Mashed Potato

You know how most babies just looove baby food?  They open wide for each bite and leave their mommies scraping the bottom of the bowl for more.  Well...not our little boy.  Lately, he has just pursed his lips and turned the other way when pureed baby food is offered to him, and only occasionally are we able to sneak in an ounce or so if he is really hungry.  So, when I discussed this issue with our pediatrician at our most recent visit, she said to just feed him anything he wants whenever he wants it.  Nothing is off limits.  Baby food, our food, any food!  (As long as it isn't a choking hazard, that is.)  Hayes seemed to take those words very seriously and has been grabbing for everything that Cody or I eat since that very day.  This afternoon we shared a snack of chips and guacamole - chips for me and guacamole for Hayes.  And for dinner he parked right next to me in his Bumbo to see what yummy food was being served up too.  I tried to pacify him with a banana flavored Baby Mum Mum at first, but it was not long before he was grunting and reaching for the pile of mashed potatoes that were on my plate.  Of course, I took the doctor's orders and fed him some...and then some more...and even more!  In true first-time parent fashion, I told Cody to grab the camera to video his demanding antics.  So, here you have it - Hayes doing the mashed potato!



No comments: