Yesterday I was sick...like the miserable, awful, horrible kind of sick that you would not even wish on your worst enemy. And to make matters worse, Cody is incredibly busy at work this time of year and could not stay home to help out around the house. Thankfully, Hayes was a champ (well...with a little help from Baby Einstein), and together we made it through most of the day. When Cody came home though, I was ready to hand Hayes off to him and make myself entirely too comfortable on the couch. My two boys went on to have some "man time" in Hayes's room - playing trucks, working on puzzles, and rolling balls back and forth. After quite a bit of time went by, I decided to go check on the two of them. And you will never believe what happened... As soon as I walked in the room, Hayes began fussing loudly. It was not his typical fuss though. There was something unique about it. It almost sounded as if he was saying a word. And you know what that word was..."mama"!! He knew exactly what he was saying too as he stared up at me with those big, blue eyes. Cody tried to sway him to say dada, but he just looked at him with a blank stare before calling for me yet again. Instead of swooping him up in my arms like I probably should have, I ran to get the video camera. I just had to catch this special moment on film. The first word of a self-proclaimed mama's boy. (Well...Cody is not exactly calling it his first word. But I am. And what I say goes!)
(Excuse the crazy hair-do! This was during his one hour of helmet freedom,
and his poor little head is soaked in lotion to alleviate dry scalp!)
No comments:
Post a Comment