On Saturday evening, we decided to continue with the Christmas festivities...cowboy style! We called up our good friends the Haywoods and invited them over for a Texas sized meal - a spread of bar-b-que, plenty of sides, and even some banana pudding for dessert. (FYI - we are still eating leftovers!!) And after we stuffed ourselves silly, we headed down the road a few miles to the small town of Fulshear. Each year they host a fun-filled event called Cowboy Christmas. The whole town transforms into a Christmas wonderland, and boy, do they go all out! A parade of lights, live music, a petting zoo, and even pictures on a longhorn! (I have to stop the anticipation there - neither Hayes nor I climbed on top of that beautiful creature...maybe next year though!) The kiddos were in awe as they took in all of the sights, and they adults had a pretty good time too. We were so sad when we had to call it a night, but we are already planning a trip back again next year!!
*Side Note - Some where in the course of the night, Cody got ahold of my camera and decided to mess with the settings. This small act resulted in some blurry pictures and a stern talking to from a not-so-happy wife. It's okay though...I forgive you, honey!
We tried to start off the night with a quick photo shoot...but Hayes and Maddie were entirely too preoccupied. Oh well, they're still pretty stinking cute!
Mommies and their babes on the way to Cowboy Christmas!
Waiting for the parade...
...here it comes!
Santa and his sleigh longhorn...only in Texas!
Now, onto the festivities.
Checking out the animals.
One more photo shoot of our sweet little Santa babies before we go!
So sad the night is over!
1 comment:
This is hysterical... I love it! Cowboy Christmas.. so cute! I'm in love with Hayes' Santa booties! :)
P.S. I gave your blog a little award on my blog today. xoxo
Post a Comment