Sunday, February 26, 2012

Buh-Bye Helmet Head


Notice anything missing.....?  If you said helmet, then you should win a prize!  (Wait...if you said omphalocele, nasal cannula, or pulse ox, then I guess you should win a prize too.  Oh well.)  After over four months of wearing his helmet for twenty-three hours a day, Hayes finally graduated from cranial remolding school.  And boy, were we ready!  The smell was gradually starting to build (gag!!), it was getting more and more difficult to squeeze on, and we were just plain tired of the old thing!  It was definitely time.  Originally, I had said that I wanted to use it as target practice when all was said and done...but not anymore.  His cute camo helmet quickly became a fixture in our everyday lives and has helped to shape our little guy into the person who he is...both literally and figuratively!  And in a weird way, I have kind of grown to love it.  So instead of demolishing it, I am going to be finding it a special home with the rest of his keepsakes.  Because let's be honest, I loved my little helmet head!

I guess I could just end things here, but I will go ahead and include the usual side-by-side pictures and summary report for my fellow nerds out there too...


Summary Report

This report shows the difference between his very first scan back in August to his final scan this week.  Instead of boring you with a bunch of numbers and cranio jargon, I just want you to look at the diagram that shows all of that amazing growth in the bottom left quadrant.  One word - WOW!!

4 comments:

Blair said...

Congratulations, Hayes! We are nearing the end for my boy's helmet too and while I am ready, I am going to miss it! I cannot wait to see Robert's final numbers and diagram!

Valez said...

And he looked so tough with his helmet on! Ready to jump on his motorbike. Oh well... ;-)

Great that he doesn't have to wear his helmet anymore. With the warm weather on the way that is a real relief I can imagine. Now we can enjoy his hairdo again. :-)

Shauna Marques said...

Incredible progress Hayes! Nice hair too, little buddy!!

Michelle Storey said...

He looks awesome! It's only been a week for Evan in the helmet, and I already can't wait until we're in the same place as y'all. But I have to admit, both boys make cuteness out of a necessity!