I have been debating on whether or
not to blog about my new "woman cave" (aka craft room) since we
started transforming the office a few weeks ago. The star of this blog...and of
our lives...is definitely Hayes, so I was not sure whether I should include
something that has absolutely nothing at all to do with him. But then I started
to think...maybe it does. After all, pretty much everything I make is for him.
And as he gets older, I am sure that he will be right in the middle of every
doo-dad that needs to be painted or trinket that needs to be glued. You know
what...now that I think about it, my craft room really is all for Hayes. It has
nothing to do with me at all. Not with my selfish need to take up every square
inch of a surface with various acrylic paints and types of glue. Or the fact
that I desperately needed a place to store my ever-growing collection of Cricut
accessories. Nope, it is all for the boy! So without further ado, I present to
you...

The
(almost) complete craft room!
(Still
needing to sew a throw pillow for the chair...and do a few other finishing
touches too...)
Custom
craft table with stained butcher block top...
...and lots of storage underneath.
Upholstered
stool for comfy sitting.
Framed peg
board....
...with
all a crafter could ever need.
And
a carousel to hold lots and lots of tools.
Hayes sure is
thankful for my his new space!
*Side Note - Stay tuned for pictures of the "man
space" we have been working on too. That has been a waaay bigger project,
and will hopefully be finished sometime soon.....
2 comments:
Absolutely you should have shared this space! I love the framed peg board - the orange is awesome! With our little man soon to be here, my husband had to sacrifice his man cave for the girls to move into, which means both he and I will have to share a cave-space very soon. I'm not sure how I feel about that - haha!
The room looks great and thank you for sharing! I can't wait to see it and the ensuing crafts and projects. I am positive Hayes is totally appreciative of his new space and will be helping a lot...
Post a Comment