Friday, April 13, 2012

...And He's Off!

At our last meeting, the physical therapist that we consult with gave us strict instructions not to let Hayes begin walking too soon.  He wants to ensure that Hayes has plenty of good crawl time to build up his muscles, refine his motor skills, and stimulate his brain development.  So, I have been following the instructions that I was given fervently - spending time with Hayes on the floor, cheering him on as he crawls throughout the house, and not even bringing up the "w" word in his presence.  Hayes, however, likes to break the rules.  He likes to crawl over to his walker, pull himself up to standing, and walk everywhere that big plastic toy will go.  If I was a real stickler for the rules, I would probably put his walker away where he cannot get to it...but he just looks so darn cute walking around with that big prideful grin!

No comments: