As I'm sure you can tell by now, I LOVE holidays and special occasions. I love planning and preparing weeks beforehand, paying meticulous attention to every little detail of the day, and then sitting back to watch the magic unfold. I love to watch faces light up, hear those glorious oohs and aahs, and snap pictures all along the way. I just love it all! So, you can imagine my disappointment when today did not go
When I envisioned this Easter for our little family, I pictured a festive and Godly day - a morning church service in our Sunday best, an Easter egg hunt where Hayes crawled around the living room collecting little plastic eggs, and a big delicious meal fit for a king. But all of that quickly got thrown out of the window. Hayes has been super sick this weekend, he had zero interest in the Easter eggs, and we all ate leftovers because we were entirely too tired after a restless night of sleep. Ugh! On the bright side, at least this flop of a day was not Hayes's first Easter experience. And at least his third one is only twelve short months away. And above all else, at least this experience gave me the opportunity to reflect on the true reason for Easter - the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ who died for our sins so long ago. Because I sure did a lot of huffing and puffing when things did not go my way!
The Easter Bunny left Hayes his basket...
...blocks...
...and a bubble mower.
All in hopes of a very special day.
Instead, Hayes played with his mower for a few minutes...
...ate a couple bites from his Peeps...
...and then he was done.

1 comment:
Poor Hayes (and poor mom with all her preperations)! Get well soon!
Post a Comment