Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our Crazy Life

The other day I was on the phone with my sweet aunt, and she told me that reading my blog totally exhausts her.  And not because my writing is so lengthy and boring...but because our lives seem crazy and hectic and always full of something or another.  Hearing this literally made me laugh out loud because it so very true.  And you know what?  I do not even get a chance to blog about half of the stuff going on in my insane life because I am too busy to even sit down and write about it.  So, I thought I would do a short and sweet little bulleted list with some of the ongoings of our crazy life...
  • Hayes is now on his sixth (yes, SIXTH!) ear infection since beginning day care at the beginning of March.  We now know just about every early warning sign there is to these awful infections, and we have also become regulars at the Target Pharmacy.  Tubes are in his very near future.  (More on that in a blog post to come.)
  • On that same note, we are still frequent flyers at just about all of the local medical offices - pediatrician, ENT, audiologist, pediatric surgeon, etc, etc, etc.  Thank God for my iPhone alerts because they are constantly reminding me where I need to be and at what time I need to be there.
  • This week the inner coil on our air conditioner went out...which led to major fights and an eventual discontinuation of our home warranty company.  (Allied Home Warranty - you stink!)  Oh, and our summer vacation fund disappeared too.  Ugh!
  • The backyard, which has been Cody's man project for over six months now, is so incredibly close to being finished.  Just a little more stain to add to the deck and pergola, and we will be done.  Done.  Done.  Done.
  • My precious little niece is going to be making her big arrival any day now.  We are all so excited to be welcoming a baby girl in to this mix of boys, and I hosted a baby sprinkle for her mommy a few weekends ago to celebrate.  Loved getting to decorate my house in lots and lots of pink!!
  • And of course, there is always work...and laundry...and cleaning the house...and paying the bills...and grocery shopping...and cooking...and trying to get some sleep in here and there.
Thankfully, I have just two weeks left of school until I will be off for summer break...and oh, how glorious that summer break will be!  Then, I will be able starting putting some of the fun things back in to my life too - play dates, fun outings, and road trips to visit friends and family.  Gotta run for now though...time to go with the boys to get their hair cut!

1 comment:

R.Lindgren said...

For prevention of ear infections (and tooth decay) research Xylitol. We give it to our kiddos regularly. Dr. Ellie's website is a great place to start. Search under toddlers and babies. Can't hurt and it might be your saving grace until tubes.