Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Surgery - Take Two...Rescheduled
Just got a call from UT Physicians, and Hayes's surgery has been rescheduled for Monday, July 9th. Less than three weeks away. We are so excited that they were able to coordinate a time so soon, and I am making it my mission to keep this little boy well in the weeks leading up to his new surgery date. And how do I plan on doing that, you ask? Well...we are pretty much going into isolation after this week, and even now I am going to be extremely cautious about who we are around and what we are being being exposed to. Antibacterial wipes are going to be my best friend, and we are running for the hills if we spot anybody with a runny nose or a cough. Oh, and Hayes is going to be on a strict Zyrtec regimen the week leading up to his surgery to be sure and keep those yucky seasonal allergies at bay. It is just so important for any kiddo to be well when going under anesthesia, and when you have a kiddo with lung issues such as Hayes...well, it is critical. So, I apologize if it seems like I am avoiding you or keeping you at a more than safe distance. We just cannot afford to try and reschedule this surgery once again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well luckaly I am far far away, so the distance is very safe. :-)
I hope Hayes stays well and fit and the operation will go as plannend. Keeping my fingers crossed for that little man. Better for it to be over and concentrate on exploring and having lots of fun!
Have you thought about adding probiotics to his milk? My son was born right when yours was, and I have followed your story like it was my own. We continue to wish you all the best luck and health.
Post a Comment