Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bigfoot

Most women get giddy at the idea of going shoe shopping.  Not me...especially not when I am constantly having to buy new shoes for my ever-growing little bigfoot!  Yup, you read that right - my little bitty boy has himself some HUGE feet, and they are growing in a really awkward and difficult to shop for way!  You see, the length of his feet are fairly average, but his instep and width is borderline ridiculous!  The absolute only brand of shoe that fits his big, block feet are Stride Rite...and even there we have to buy him an EXTRA wide.  Up until a few months ago, I didn't even know they made shoes for little kids in that size!  So, off we went yesterday to go shoe shopping in preparation for the upcoming school year.  (Ugh.  I shudder as I type those words.)  Cody was on chase-Hayes-around-the-store duty, and I was in charge of hunting down the very few boxes of shoes in his size.  Overall, we were at Stride Rite for over an hour...hunting for boxes, having the sweet sales girl look in the back for the ones we really wanted, and finally settling on two pairs of semi-decent new shoes.  Oh, my poor bigfooted boy!  I really do hope this gets easier as time goes by...

The culprits. 

Look at that ridiculously high instep... 

 ...and mammoth width!

 The solution?  EXTRA wide!

Thank goodness for Stride Rite and their BIG boy shoes!!

1 comment:

Dj said...

I truly empathize with you. From the day my 15-year old was born at 10 lbs, he has had huge, hard-to-fit feet. These days he's not growing out of them so fast, but they're still huge. He's now 6' 2" with 13W feet and he's not done growing.