Usually Cody flips on the spinkler system bright and early in the morning as he leaves for work. But I noticed that our grass was looking a little thirsty yesterday evening, so I decided to help it out and give it an extra drink of water as the sun began to set. Well, Hayes thought that was just about the coolest thing he had ever seen! He kept pointing at the water and asking me in his sweet little baby babble if he could take a closer look. So, what did I do? I pulled off his shoes and walked him right on over to it! At first, he was a little apprehensive...but then he threw all caution to the wind and walked around the maze of sprinkler heads in our yard with the biggest smile on his face. It was one of those priceless and totally unprompted moments that sent me running inside for the camera as Cody watched on. Oh, how my heart melts a little more and more every day during moments like this!
Loving some sprinkler time...
...and getting all wet!
Looking around to see what station is coming on next.
And leaving these sweet footprints all along the way!
This picture I just had to snap as we were getting ready to go inside...
that double chin NEEDED to be commemorated!!
Oh, and after a change of clothes and some yummy dinner we went for ice cream at the adorable little sweet shop in town. Hayes and I agreed that their oreo ice cream was de-licious!!
No comments:
Post a Comment