Monday, December 31, 2012

20 Weeks

Can you believe that I am already 20 weeks pregnant?!?!  Part of me feels like this pregnancy is flying by...and another part of me feels like I have been pregnant forever.  (Okay, okay - usually, it's the latter one, but whatever.)  And since our sweet girl is pretty much fully developed and now just in grow mode, it was time for my big appointment to check and make sure that all is going just as expected.  And guess what?  It is!  I am growing exactly like I should, and more importantly, the anatomy scan showed that our precious baby girl is developing right on track.  We absolutely could not be more thrilled!  Here we both are at 20 weeks...

Picture from the outside...

...and the inside!

So, you might have noticed that there are two sweet little words written on the top of that chalkboard.  That is because our baby girl has finally been given a name!

Hadley Lea Davis
 
Beautiful, isn't it?  We chose the name Hadley because it is one that I have adored for quite some time now.  No real significance or meaning - just a pretty name that feels so right for our baby girl and for our family.  Cody is still warming up to it, but everyday he comes around a little more.  And Hayes?  Well, he is already stuck on it!  In fact, he has even given her the perfect nickname - "LaLa."  Not sure how exactly he came up with it, but that is what he calls her every, single time her name comes up...which I have to admit, is quite a bit.  Melts this mama's heart!
 
The middle name Lea is definitely a special one though.  Those of you who have been following my blog for awhile know that I lost my absolute bestest of friends to the evil disease known as cancer back in April.  Not a day goes by that I do not think of her and miss her terribly.  I wish so much that she were here on earth to celebrate this beautiful pregnancy with me.  I know that she would already be madly in love with this sweet little girl (just like she was with Hayes!), and that she would have already bought her dozens of precious outfits just because (like she did with Hayes too!).  Something inside of me tells me that she has had a hand in this entire pregnancy though - from us getting pregnant so easily...to everything going so smoothly...and of course, to the whole sugar and spice and everything nice thing!  So, to thank and to honor my dearest friend for all that she was and all that she continues to be, we have chosen Lindsey Erin Apostolo's initials as our baby girl's middle name - Lea.  And if our sweet Hadley becomes even just half of the woman that her namesake is, then I will be the proudest mom in the world!

No comments: