Friday, January 4, 2013

Return of the Nesting Instinct

Ever get that intense feeling of deja vu?  When you find yourself thinking - whoa, have I done this before??  Yeah, I definitely got that feeling this week....but it wasn't so much deja vu.  It was more of a total and complete repeat of my life.  Flashback to almost exactly two years ago...The Nesting Instinct.  Those darn pregnancy hormones are in full force once again, and something inside of me is urging forcing me to begin ruffling those nest feathers in preparation for our newest little bundle of joy.  And what better place to begin than with the nursery closet?  After all, Hadley IS a girl...and we all know how girls are with their closets!  (Okay, okay...that mixed with the fact that we desperately need our guest room for as long as humanly possible.)  So, Cody and Hayes both pulled out all of their tools and got to work replicating a mirror image of Hayes's closet organization system for our sweet little Hadley girl as well.  Only difference - all of those boyish navy blues and deep reds have been replaced with lots and LOTS of pink.  Can't wait to finish filling this space up with ruffles and bows!!!

Tools?  Check.

Drill holes?  Check.

Hang shelves?  Check.

And the masterpiece is complete!
(Well - minus the closet doors which still need to be hung back up.)

A few of my most favorite things so far - GIRLY clothes...

...PRECIOUS newborn cloth diapers...

...FABULOUS new diaper bag...

...and lots of SWEET hand-me-downs from cousin Cora!
 
Sooo...I bet you are thinking that getting Hadley's closet all set up has fulfilled my need to nest.  Wrong!  It has only made me want to go get more, more, MORE!  Any questions or fears I first had about having a baby girl are long gone, and I think that I am officially addicted to all things girly.  So stay tuned for more pink to come...
 
BABY (and mama!) NOTE: Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has blessed us with sooo many wonderful baby girl goodies already.  From Christmas gifts to hand-me-downs to gifts just because, we are incredibly grateful for all that we have been given.  You guys are truly AMAZING!

No comments: