Friday, January 4, 2013

Fire Station Visit

Our dear friend Herc is a local firefighter, and just the other day he asked if we would like to bring Hayes up to the fire station for a behind the scenes tour.  Of course, we had to say yes!  Hayes has been super into anything and everything having to do with firefighters lately - his favorite television show is Fireman Sam, he loves playing with all of his toy firetrucks, and his eyebrows shoot up any time that he hears a siren go by.  So, you can imagine his excitement when he got to go to a real life fire station today after his nap.  He was in complete awe and full of smiles as he made himself at home among the fire engines, and Herc was so kind to show off all that the fire station had to offer.  I am sure that I could write up an overly wordy post with all that Hayes got to experience on this trip, but I think the pictures I snapped really tell it all...

Hayes and Mr. Herc at the fire station!

Checking out the fire engines...

...before sitting behind the wheel.

He got to climb all around and all throughout the fire engines.

And even up and down the stairs.
 
I'm not quite sure...do you think he had fun?

My sweet little boy just might be a firefighter in the making!

And a really cute one at that!

Thanks for a fun afternoon at the fire station, Mr. Herc!

No comments: