Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Bluebonnets!
As we were driving home from our whirlwind of a road trip last weekend, I could not help but notice that my most favorite flowers in the world had started to bloom. That's right - it is officially bluebonnet season here in Texas! And keeping with my spur of the moment kind of attitude, I blurted out to Cody that he needed to find a patch for us take a few pictures in. And he needed to do so NOW! (What are these crazy pregnancy hormones doing to me? Hayes was already pretty tired and cranky...and I had not even thought about packing a special outfit for the occasion. But darn it, I wanted some bluebonnet pictures!) So, my trooper of a husband found a side road with a small but pretty grouping of flowers, helped me get Hayes out of the truck and cleaned up, and then proceeded to check the surroundings for snakes or other wildlife before setting our most prized possession in the middle of the field. Good. That makes for one of the boys in my life cooperating. And the other one? Not so much. He was definitely a fan of the bluebonnets this year. In fact, he was appalled that we had pulled him away from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode he was watching, and he was disgusted that we wanted him to sit in the middle of a bunch of flowers. Needless to say, I did not really get any smiles. Or even so much as a glance at the camera. But that's okay, I suppose. It makes a good story and will still be a special moment I will always remember!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment