Monday, March 18, 2013

Road Trip Weekend

With all of our piddly projects (mostly) finished around the house, we decided to take a last minute trip to visit my parents this weekend.  You see, this is a road trip that we have been wanting to go on for quite some time now.  And in case you have yet to notice, we are kind of on a time constraint with our newest addition arriving soon.  Sooo...we figured what better time than now?  We came up with the idea Friday afternoon, called my parents to make sure it was okay a few minutes later, then were packed and on the road less than an hour after that.  I have to admit - it was quite a whirlwind for my obsessively controlling ways, but I am so very glad that we went!

Hayes loved spending so much quality time with both of my parents, and he adored all that their fun house has to offer.  He rocked out in the music room with my dad, played with almost every toy in the giant toy basket, and went on a back roads cruise in the Jeep.  But his two absolute most favorite things to do were tractor rides with my mom and spending as much time outside as humanly possible.  This kid would literally beg to go outside as soon he woke up and then plead for tractor rides even after the sun went down.  It was adorable!  I am just so thankful that both of my parents have waaay more energy and ability these days than I do because there is no way that I could have kept up!

Hayes and RC rocking out on the drums.
Every time he would pass by the music room, he would sing "la-la-la-laaa!"

Check out that drumstick in action! 

 Loving all the fun toys in the big ole' toy basket!

One of the gazillion "tractor rides" that Shorty took him on over the weekend.

 She even let him drive!

Exploring the plants and rocks... 

...and scooping up a few too! 

Wearing his green on St. Patrick's Day! 

Time for a ride in the Jeep with RC, Dada, and Shorty...
while Mama stayed home and put her feet up!
 
(...and yes, that is the key to the "tractor" that Hayes held on to the ENTIRE day. 
I told you he was slightly obsessed!)

Ending the weekend with a little washers and grilling outside.  Perfection! 

*Side Note - My mom has been going through her attic and all of the keepsakes that she kept from when my brother and I were little kids, and look what she stumbled upon - a cloth diaper that I used a looooong time ago on my dolls!  Can you believe it?  Looks like I was cloth diapering way before cloth diapering was even cool!!  Go me!

No comments: