Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Week Away!

Several times this week, I have sat down at the computer to write a blog post about one thing or another.  But had no success.  I am not sure exactly what is going on with my writing skills, but I simply cannot put sentences together.  (Or even words for that matter!)  So, I have decided that it must be one of two things - either I am suffering from a major case of writer's block because of all of the nervousness and excitement that is racing around through my head...or the baby has eaten my brain.  Or maybe some wild combination of both!

One thing I do know is that in exactly one week we will be welcoming our sweet baby girl into this world...and I could not be more overjoyed!  I have already received so many sweet notes and words of encouragement, and each gesture is helping to make it feel more and more real.  Every day, I give thanks for being surrounded by so much love and support...but at times like these, my heart just feels so full!  As the day gets closer, I ask that you please continue to pray for a healthy and strong baby girl and a safe delivery for us both.  Knowing that she will be delivered so early fills me with anxiety, and even though my doctor and I have done all that we can to ensure she is as ready for this world as she can be (bed rest, steroid shots, etc...) - the fear of the unknown still gives me chills.  And the memories of all of the tubes and wires and tears with Hayes just keep flooding back.  Okay, here I go with the writer's block again as my mind starts to wander..........  I guess all I am saying is that I cannot wait to share our beautiful gift with each of you...I just hope and pray that it is a more normal and boring journey than last time, and any thoughts and prayers would be more than appreciated!

*Side Note - Be on the lookout for the big nursery reveal soon too!  There are just a few finishing touches before it is camera ready.  (And Cody - if you are reading this, then please take it as your warning hint to help me complete things soon!!  Love you!)

No comments: