Now, let's get down to the meat and potatoes. Everyone has been asking how we are all doing adapting to the big change, so here is a little recap on us all...
- Hadley - Best. Baby. Ever. Seriously, this little girl is amazing! She nurses like a champ, sleeps so peacefully, and is probably the most precious thing I have ever seen. It is like she just fit right into our family, and I do not think that any of us can even remember what life was like without her. To put it simply - we are all head over heels in love!
- Hayes - Best. Big Brother. Ever. Hands down! He is so in love with his new baby sister and is such a terrific help with her too. It absolutely melts my heart to see the dynamics between the two of them already. Hadley does not take her eyes off of him when he is near, and Hayes insists on sharing every aspect of his life with her too. These two are already inseparable, and I am so, so so, excited to see the relationship between the two of them continue to grow. (I just don't know if my heart can possibly melt any more though!!)
- Cody - Oh, my sweet husband...what can I say about him other than the fact that he is already wrapped around this baby girl's finger?!? Well. He may still not be comfortable changing her blow-outs on his own...and he may need a little more time adjusting to being a father of two...but there is no doubt that he loves his little family more than life itself and is blissfully happy with where the path of life has taken him. And that seems like a pretty good start to me!
- Me - I wish I could just take a picture of myself and post it here...because how I look pretty much sums it all up. My hair is a total mess. I am wearing a nursing cami and old cotton shorts. No make-up. But there is the biggest smile on my face and tiny tears of love and joy in my eyes. Yes, I am tired. And yes, I have all but given up on my appearance for the time being. But my heart is as full as it has ever been, and I am so in love with my crazy new life as a mother of two. There is no place I would rather be and no other people I would rather be surrounded by. I am elated. I am content. I am whole.
Monkey see, monkey do...blanket and all!
Early morning snuggles.
Hayes teaching his baby sister how to play...
...and Hadley watching his every move!
Just hanging out and watching some toons!
Well...for a minute or two at least.
Goodness, I sure love these two silly kids!!

No comments:
Post a Comment