It is so hard to believe that I celebrated my third Mother's Day this year! Can you believe it?! My third...as in three years of motherhood!! Most days I feel like I am still just wrapping my head around the fact that I really am a mother. And now not only am I a mother to one precious little kid - but TWO! It is insane...wonderful, glorious, and blissful...but insane!
In honor of this momentous occasion, my sweet little family went all out for me! We started our day bright and early with gifts. Not because I was begging for them as soon as I stepped out of bed. No, it was because my adorable husband and silly little boy could not contain themselves any longer! (They actually tried to give them to me the night before, but I insisted they wait until it was truly Mother's Day!) Each kiddo had a gift chosen just for me, and they gave them to me one at a time to make it extra special. Hadley's was first - a birthstone ring from James Avery. The same type that Hayes gave me exactly two years ago. I have been waiting since that day to have another one to stack on top of it, and I am so excited that day has finally come. It is beautiful! Hayes's present was up next - a gift card to one of my favorite clothing stores. I have not shopped for clothes for myself in a really, really, REALLY long time...so I guess he knew I needed some new duds to match his always cute attire!
After the tissue paper was cleaned up, the boys headed off to the donut shop to pick out my favorite assortment of fresh donuts and kolaches. (FYI - Calories don't count on Mother's Day!) And then we had time to just rest and relax around the house before getting ready for our next big activity - a lunch date and shopping! We stuffed ourselves silly at one of my favorite spots, then picked up a few goodies at some nearby stores. This was Hadley's first big outing, and I am proud to report that she did great! She slept through the entire trip without even making a peep...even though big brother insisted that he check on her every 2.58 seconds! Shortly after we got home from that big excursion, some of our besties came by to visit. The boys played in the backyard, and the girls visited inside under the air conditioning. And before we knew it, it was once again time to eat - one of my favorite dinners straight off the grill. (Perfect because that meant no cooking or cleaning of the kitchen for me!) Then, the day was finished up with baths and peaceful bedtimes for us all...a gift in itself for a new mother of two!
Overall, I have to say that it was a fantastic Mother's Day! It felt so good to be loved and appreciated all throughout the day, and I was so thankful to have a few minutes to really just sit back and relish in the beautiful little family that I have helped to create. After all, that is the biggest gift that I could have ever been given - two amazing children and an adoring husband who loves us all. What a blessing!!
*Side Note - There is one major downfall from the day that I must confess to - NO PICTURES!! I guess in the midst of me soaking up all of the love and happiness, I forgot to snap a few pictures along the way. And both kids were looking so cute in their special little outfits too. Ugh! Oh well, maybe next year...
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment