Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cody's Third Father's Day

It has been ten whole days since we celebrated Father's Day.  And it has been nine whole days since I wrote a short but sweet little blog post about it.  So why have I not posted it, you ask?  Well...I have been waiting to snap an adorably cute picture of my three loves snuggled up together to accompany this post before hitting the publish button.  But there is one problem.  Wait.  Make that three problems.  I have to find a time when Cody is home from work.  Rare.  And a time when Hadley is not latched on to me.  Even more rare.  And a time when Hayes will sit still for a moment and cooperate with my instructions to pose for the camera.   Impossibly rare.  Sooo...  After waiting a week and a half, I decided that this post will just not have a picture to go with it.  I am sure you can use your imagination to come up with something great though.

Without further ado, here is the blog post written oh-so-long ago...

The dust has settled and Cody is back at work today after celebrating his third Father's Day, and Hayes is still running around the house shouting - "Happy Father's Day!!!"  But I guess that just goes to show you what a great weekend we all had!  And yes, I did say weekend.  In true Cody fashion, he decided to stretch the holiday out into two FULL days of fatherly love complete with all of his favorite things.  Yard work with his favorite little helper, a steak dinner with his own dad, and lots of rest and relaxation with his sweet baby girl thrown in the mix too.  I will spare you a play-by-play this time, but just imagine an all-American dad's dream weekend...and that pretty much sums it up!  Hayes, Hadley, and I are so thankful to have such a sweet and silly man in our life, and we loved getting the chance to shower him in hugs and love these past few days!

No comments: