Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hadley - Two Months Old

Before writing a post, I like to go back and reread similar posts that I have written in the past.  So naturally, I had to sit down and refresh my memory about Hayes's second month of life before I got started writing all about Hadley's.  Now obviously, there are some pretty big differences that stick out like a sore thumb between the two (gender, weight...omphalocele!!), but I was amazed at how many sweet similarities there are too.  And the strongest commonality has to be that they are both the loves of our life!  They make our hearts bigger, our lives richer, and our smiles deeper.  They have completed our little family, and they make us whole.  Of course, that is more than I could ever ask for as a mommy, but I just have to share with you some of the fun milestones our precious girl is meeting too...
  • Eating - All. The. Time.  And like her brother - she wants it straight from the source!  We tried our hand at bottles not too long ago, but she turned her nose up at them.  So for now, her and I are just connected at the hip...er...boob.
  • Sleeping - Okay, I guess I can finally post it all over the web - Hadley sleeps through the night...and has been since about two weeks old!  We put her down around nine each night, and she sleeps all the way through until about seven the next morning.  I'm ridiculously blessed.  I know.
  • Thinking - This girl likes to study everything.  She will look at things so closely it is like she is taking in every detail.  Makes me stop and appreciate the small things all around, like a picture on the wall or the boogers in my little guy's nose.
  • Talking - Hadley is already our social butterfly!  She loves to look into our eyes, share smiles with us, and have back and forth conversations using her adorable coos.  Of course, we are more than happy to oblige!
  • Moving - I swear, our big girl came out of the womb with some amazing motor skills...and they just keep getting better with each passing day!  Right now she can reach for toys or objects in front of her, grasp toys (or her dad's chest hair) like her life depended on it, hold her head upright and steady when perched on my hip, push her chest up with her arms and hold her head at a 90 degree angle during tummy time, and...roll from her stomach to her back.  Yeah.  Pretty impressive for only being two months old.  But you have to remember that she is not just any old baby.  She is the little sister to a crazy toddler.  These are just survival skills necessary to endure the head donks and bulldozing trucks on a daily basis.

Hadley Lea Davis
2 Months
 Weight - 13 pounds  15 ounces (97%)
Height - 23.25 inches (82%)
Head Circumference - 15 inches (38%)
 
**BIG BROTHER UPDATE** - Hayes continues to adore his baby sister.  Some of his favorite things to do with her these days?  Snuggle with her on the couch, shake toys entirely too close to her face, ride next to her in the car, lay on the floor roll around on the floor next to her during tummy time, and announce to everyone in the room when she begins crying - "Oh no!  Baby Hadley crying!!!"

No comments: